Welcome to Student Citizen
Courses of six months duration will start January 2017
- residential in Brittany, France
- practical & theoretical
- total costs less than one year’s tuition fees at a UK university
The course aims to stimulate students to be responsible members of a free society
To that end:
- The course is arranged according to 5 critical perspectives
- personal – psychology, health, education, personality, routines
- social – relationships in family, friends, work, community
- cultural – heritage, identity, religion, society, philosophy, language
- material – economy, ecology, population, wealth
- political – systems, ideologies, practices, media
2. The course will employ the scientific method – hypothesis, test, methodology, results and conclusions – as the principal technique for individual and group enquiry
3. The course will encourage each participant to appraise what they are doing, how and why – meta cognition. This is critical.
The course aims to develop the individual as a responsible, sociable person capable of pertinent analysis and constructive thinking in response to the challenges of the 21st century.